Choose firm, compact, bright green brussels sprouts heads. Buy on the stalk when possible.
Refrigerate brussels sprouts in a plastic bag up to 1 week.
Low fat; saturated fat-free; very low sodium; cholesterol free; low calorie; good source of dietary fiber; high in vitamin C; good source of folate.
Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 lb. Brussel sprouts
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 2 tsp. whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice off the bottoms of each brussel sprout then cut lengthwise. Remove any damaged outer leaves but keep any loose ones that are in good shape.
- In a large bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, raw honey, and mustard. Whisk to combine.
- Add Brussel sprouts into a bowl with the glaze and toss to coat.
- Transfer the Brussel sprouts to a lined baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender, and the glaze has caramelized.