Salmon with a Honey Dijon Vinaigrette Salad
This quick and easy salad is healthy, filling, and delicious. This summer salmon salad is high in omega-3 fatty acids, low in calories, and is great for lunch or dinner! You can even cook extra for dinner, and keep half as leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp of vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 of a lemon, sliced
- 2 pinches of fresh dill
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 1 carrot, julienne cut
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 5 oz salad mix
- 8 oz salmon fillets
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and sliced-optional
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Cut salmon into two, 4 ounce portions. Place salmon filets on parchment paper. Sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper, capers, and fresh dill. Cover with thin slices of lemon and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove salmon from the oven, placing into a fridge-safe container, allowing to cool. Once cooled, you have the option of removing the skin which will just peel right off if you choose.
- Combine olive oil, honey, Dijon, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Use a whisk to blend quickly until everything emulsifies together.
- If using for tomorrow’s lunch, dressing can be stored on the counter in a container ready to pack in the morning.
- Toss salad mix with carrots and cucumbers.
- When ready to eat, simply add salmon and hard boiled eggs to the salad and top with a desired amount of dressing.